Enhance eReading with New Accessibility Options
Microsoft Reader for Tablet PC and Microsoft Reader for Windows-based PCs and
laptops boast accessibility features that are bringing eBooks to more communities
and providing a richer on-screen reading experience with additional TTS and
Verbosity functionality. To enable Microsoft Reader to take advantage of existing
speech technologies, you must install the new Microsoft Reader Text-to-Speech
(TTS) Package 1.0.
Note: You must have Microsoft Reader 2.0 installed on your machine before Microsoft
Reader Text-to-Speech Package 1.0 can be installed. This download does not change
the behavior in Microsoft Excel version 2002.
Microsoft Reader Text-to-Speech Package is localized in three languages. All
versions maintain the same system requirements, but the download size varies
- Microsoft Reader Text-to-Speech Package 1.0 (English)
- 5.877 MB
- Microsoft Reader Text-to-Speech Package 1.0 (French)
- 5.517 MB
- Microsoft Reader Text-to-Speech Package 1.0 (German)
- 5.733 MB
||Pentium 75 or higher microprocessor
||16 MB RAM
||Approximately 13 MB free hard disk space (Microsoft
Reader Text-to-Speech Package is 5.83 MB, but additional hard disk space
is required for installation)
||Operating System Windows 98 & ME,
Windows NT 4.0 & 2000, Windows XP
||VGA or higher resolution monitor, and video
card capable of displaying more than 256 colors
Microsoft Reader 2.0 for Windows-based PCs and laptops or Microsoft
Reader 2.0 for Tablet PCs
Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0
Microsoft mouse or compatible pointing device
IMPORTANT DOWNLOAD INSTRUCTIONS
- Click the download link.
- In the File Download box, select Save this program to disk.
- Save the file named "TTSSetup_English.exe" to your hard drive.
- When the download is completed, locate setup.exe on your hard drive and
double-click the file to begin installation.
Note: If you are running Internet Explorer 5.0 or later, a dialog box
will appear when the download is completed, and you will be prompted to begin
- When installing Microsoft Reader Text-to-Speech, you may be prompted to
restart your PC. After the restart, the installation will continue.